Jeg faldt for nylig over dette blogindlæg, som jeg gerne vil dele med dig. Det er fra bloggen We Unite og er skrevet af BECKA. Ud over dette indlæg, som er lidt længere i det originale blogindlæg, finder du en masser interessante artikler i samme stil. Det er en blog om iværksætteri skrevet af kvinder. Og så er det, trods sproget, en dansk blog!
Og her er så vejen til at tabe din dyrebare kreativitet:
1. Overbook yourself. If you want to effectively hinder your creative juices from flowing, you need to book every spare second of your life with your work. Do not, under any circumstances allow yourself to deviate from this work. Fun deviations will only allow your inner child to flourish and that will likely result in original ideas and creative bar raising.
2. Compare yourself to as many contemporaries as possible. In those rare moments when you break from work, take a moment to compare your artwork to that of your more successful contemporaries. Remind yourself of why they are better than you and why you will never be able to accomplish creative success. This practice will knock the foundation right out from under your self confidence sabotaging yourself from the beginning.
3. Reduce. Reuse. Recycle ideas. Whenever possible copy the ideas of other artists and loosely reinterpret them as your own. (Bonus points if you blatantly copy without even attempting to interpret the idea for yourself.) This practice allows you to slowly silence your own (pesky) artistic voice by creatively strangling it.
4. Never, ever practice. This can be tricky as you may feel as if you are always practicing your craft by overbooking your schedule with work. But do not be deceived, if you are correctly killing your creative fire your constant work schedule should not include practicing new techniques or bettering yourself at your craft. If you can dedicate yourself to this, your inner artist will never be able to turn its dreams into realities in your life leaving you free to live in a much more boring and safe artistic zone.
5. Avoid outer influences. To keep your brain free from inspiration, you must be diligent in avoiding positive artistic influences. That means you must avoid whatever it is that you previously found stirring something inside of you. This can include, but is not limited to: music, art, love, happiness, food, literature, poetry, movies, nature, magazines, and the work of the masters.
6. Safety in numbers. Surround yourself with likeminded, and even more mediocre people than yourself. The less driven they are, the better. Look for those who other’s might describe as “set in their ways”, “refusing to grow”, “unbending”, “average”. These people will help you continue to work in circles and avoid growth. They will also cheer you on in your averageness because they do not want you to succeed or be inventive at all. By avoiding those that might push you to be better you can rest peacefully on your laurels.
Nu har du forhåbentlig spottet ironien i ovenstående, men er du enig? Jeg kunne ikke have sagt det bedre selv.